Every day by reservation
(the departure is expected to reach a minimum of 6 participants)
Prices: €50 per person (TRANSPORT AND SNOWSHOE RENTAL EXCLUDED)
€45 for children under the age of 12
Trekking and snowshoeing scheduled for the months of December, January, February and March
For further details write us on whatsapp: +39 3455741330 or send us an email to : email@example.com
- Meeting at the square of the Rifugio Sapienza – Nicolosi Etna Sud
The meeting will be at 8:30 am, at the parking lot of (Esagonal bar). By clicking on the link, Google Maps will automatically open, so you can easily get to the starting point: https://goo.gl/maps/bkybAmTAULijYjbe6
The hike starts from the Esagonal bar at 1,900 meters above sea level. After making the payment and purchasing the return tickets together with your guide, you will take the cable car up to an altitude of 2,500 meters. Here you will start your uphill trek for 500 meters of positive difference in height, among the recent flows covered with snow, large craters, lava flow channels, hot fumaroles with high temperature gas leaks, up to an altitude of 3000 meters – MAXIMUM HEIGHT REACHABLE AT THE MOMENT DEPENDING ON THE LEVEL OF VOLCANIC RISK ⚠️ – at the base of the South-East Crater, the most active at the moment on Etna. The descent from 3000 meters is planned on foot to the cable car, for the final return to the starting point.
Included in the price 50 € per person
- Authorized volcanological guide
- Trekking poles
- Accident insurance
- Extra backpack
- Trekking shoes
- Warm jacket
Excluded from the price:
- € 50 to be paid locally, for transport: Cable car tickets (round trip) from 1900mt to 2500mt –
- Snowshoes – snowshoes rental (€ 15 per person)
- Bottled water
- Ski suit
- Snow boots
- K-way (waterproof jacket)
- Parking ticket
TECHNICAL DATA OF THE PATH
Total duration: 5 hours
Total km: 6.5 km (variable value)
Total height difference uphill: 500 m (variable value)
Difficulty: For hikers used to walking at high altitude – E (Hikers) – (Suitable for those who perform sporting activities regularly)
Good to know
- In the event of adverse weather conditions, we will notify you to inform you of the cancellation or postponement of your excursion as soon as possible.
- There is no advance payment for the reservation (except for: agencies, groups or private guide services), after having communicated the reservation to our number: +39 345 5741330 you will pay directly the guide who will be with you on the day of the excursion.
- There is no prepayment for transportation. The guide will take you to the Etna cableway office to pay for the return tickets, shortly before departure.
- In case of many requests, the participants will be divided into smaller groups with different guides, according to the languages to avoid the formation of large groups of people.
- Recommended clothing: Layered, thermal t-shirt, fleece / down jacket, windbreaker, (better if wearing a ski suit), gloves and hat.
- Mandatory equipment. : trekking or after ski shoes.
- € 35 for ski touring equipment rental
- € 15 for snowshoes and trekking poles rental
- We recommend that you go to the starting points of our excursions, equipped with thermal tires or chains ⛓ on board (if necessary), which are mandatory in the winter months to arrive safely on the volcano.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions, we will advise you in order to communicate the cancellation or postponement of your excursion, at the earliest possible date.
- There is no advance payment, you will pay our service directly on site to the mountain or volcanological guide who will be with you.
- Trekking is not recommended for those who do little physical activity.
- However, the excursion does not require any particular physical preparation, attention is required since it is volcanic soil, often inconsistent and unstable.
- The excursion may be subject to variations at the discretion of the Guides or be interrupted if the environmental, atmospheric or volcanic conditions change, such as to compromise the safety of the entire group.
- The total duration of the trek will depend on the pace.
- The excursion will take place within the limits established by the ordinances in force.
- Suitable for children over 7 years old who are used to walking
- The route includes the ascent and passage along the crater rims, this could cause dizziness problems for sensitive individuals.
- This itinerary, in relation to the type and altitude, is suitable for people in a state of good physical health, who do not suffer from particular pathologies (cardio vascular, respiratory or hypertension).
- We do not recommend the use of contact lenses because of the gases exhaled by the volcano and the ash which, if pushed, could easily cause problems to the eyes.
- Expectant mothers who have passed the third month of pregnancy are not allowed any kind of hiking activity.
- To allow for the success of the excursion and the proper conduct of the activity, it is good practice to be fully aware of your health conditions and possibly present them to the Guide, all this to reduce the occurrence of any problems and avoid taking risks.
©Guide Vulcanologiche Etna Nord
Name / Company name: Cooperativa Volcanological Guides Etna Nord Soc.Coop.
Recipient Code: T04ZHR3 (the second character is a zero)
VAT / CF: IT05583690879
Headquarters in: Via Viola 1 – Linguaglossa (CT) ZIP code: 95015
Tel: + 39 3455741330
© Volcanological Guides Etna Nord – Law 22 April 1941, n. 633
Protection of copyright and other rights related to its exercise.
Our group is made up of Guides belonging to the Regional College of Alpine and Volcanological Guides of Sicily, the Italian legislation provides that these professionals are the only ones authorized to lead groups in active volcanoes and throughout the island (Framework Law of 2 January 1989 No. 6 and Regional Law of April 6, 1996).