Every day – Suited also to children –
Prices: €30 per adult / € 20 per child under 12
👉🏻Check out the winter version👈🏻
Check for available posts in our calendar
- For info – Send a Whatsapp message: +39 3455741330 or send an email: email@example.com
The starting point of the trekking route is along the dirt road that from Piano Provenzana leads to the summit craters of the volcano. The first stop will allow us to see the ruins of the Hotel delle Betulle, the only visible structure between the ones destroyed by the lava flow of October 2002. The route allows to visit and study the several volcanic morphologies, related to the series of eruptions occurred on the northern side of the Etna, particularly the flank eruptions occurred on 10.09.1911 and on 17.06.1923. This last one threatened the city of Linguaglossa. After visiting the particular volcanic structure, called “hornitos”, that in spanish means “small oven”, you go up along the cinder cones of the 2002 eruption (called Bottoniera), till you reach the maximum height of 2.100mt on the edge of the craters, and then you go down inside a sandy channel, to reach the starting point.
- The total length of the route is 4.5 km.
– Tasting of typical local products, offered by the Guide Vulcanologiche Etna Nord team (under request).
- Official Volcano Guide
- Insurance in case of accidents
- Trekking sticks
- Warm jacket (to rent on the spot at authorized rentals at a cost of € 5 per pair)
- Parking ticket (3€ for the whole day)
- Bottled water
- Trekking shoes (to rent on the spot at authorized rentals at a cost of € 5 per pair)
Good to know
- In the event of adverse weather conditions, we will advise you in order to communicate the cancellation or postponement of your excursion, at the earliest possible date.
- There is no advance payment (except for agencies, groups or private services) for the reservation, after communicating your reservation to our number: +39 345 5741330 you will pay directly the guide who will be with you the day of the excursion.
- In case of many requests, the participants will be divided into smaller groups with different guides, according to the languages in order to avoid the formation of large groups of people.
Meeting planned at : Chiosco Bar Mareneve at 09:45 am.
Departure at 10:00.
Start of the trekking trail.
Visit to the eruptive fractures up to a max. height of 2.050 mt.
Trekking descent towards the starting point.
Minimum altitude: 1.800 mt; Maximum altitude reached: 2.050 mt.
Positive altitude difference: 250 mt (it may vary); Negative altitude difference: 250 mt (it may vary).
Total time: 3h
Total lenght: 4,5
Difficulty: T (Touristic)
- Layered outfit (short sleeved t-shirt, long-sleeved thermal t-shirt, sweater or fleece) according to the season.
- Trekking shoes.
- Windbreaker or quilted jacket (according to the season).
- Water – min. 1L (per each).
– Possibility of renting trekking shoes + jackets on site
- Trekking sticks
- K-way (rainproof jacket)
- Backpack 25/30 lt
- Sunscreen/ lip balm
- Hat and gloves (especially during the winter months: December, January, February, March)
- Extra socks
- Long pants
- Rainproof jacket
- Extra t-shirt
- Trekking doesn’t require great preparations on a physical level; it results to be easy and missing of steps extremely difficult. You must be, in any case, careful, since it is volcanic soil, often inconsistent and unstable.
- This trekking is not recommended for those who practice little motor activity.
- The excursion could be subjected to variations at the discretion of the Guides, or it could be interrupted in case of changes of the environmental, climatic or volcanic conditions, so as to undermine the safety of the entire group.
- The total time of the trekking trail will depends on the general pace.
- The excursion will be carried out according to the limits laid down by the ordinance in force.
- The route is suited for children over 6 years old.
- The route consists of the ascent and the walking along the crater edges, this may cause dizziness to susceptible individuals.
- This type of itinerary, in relation to the type, is suited to people in good physical health, not suffering from particular disease (cardio-vascular ones, breathing ones, or hypertension).
- We recommend not to use contact lens, because of the exhaled volcanic gases and of ash. This last one could easily cause problems, if pushed.
- Pregnant women who have passed the third month of pregnancy are not allowed to take part to any excursion activity.
- For the success of the excursion and for its correct carrying out, it’s good to know perfectly your health conditions and, if necessary, let the Guide know about them, in order to reduce the occurrence of any problem and to avoid any risks.
©Guide Vulcanologiche Etna Nord
Facebook: Guide Vulcanologiche Etna Nord
Via Provenzana, 35, Ufficio Guide Vulcanologiche Etna Nord, 95015 Linguaglossa CT Tel: +39 3455741330
© Volcanological Guides Etna Nord – Law 22 April 1941, n. 633
Protection of copyright and other rights related to its exercise.
Our group is composed of Guides belonging to the Regional College of Alpine and Volcanological Guides of Sicily, the Italian law provides that these professional figures are the only ones qualified to lead groups in active volcanoes’ areas and throughout the island territory (Framework Law of 2 January 1989, n° 6 and Regional Law of 6 April 1996).
We hope to travel to Sicilia this summer and join you for a trekking tour to Mount Etna. Do you know if excursions will be open again in August?
Do you also organise transport from/to Taormina or Catania?
Thanks a lot!
We are starting now, in August we’ll be open ,for booking you can call our number:3455741330, or send an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org; for the transport you may ask to our secretary.