Departure scheduled with minimum 6 participants
Etna excursion to see the current eruption
The group of Etna Nord Volcanological Guides organizes the excursion to visit the ongoing eruption from the Belvedere di Serracozzo.
The excursion has as its starting point the square in front of the Citelli Refuge at an altitude of 1740 meters. The initial part of the route will develop within a wonderful forest made up of unique plant species, such as the birch (betula aetnesis – endemic species of Etna). The vegetation will be interrupted by canals smoothed by the waters of melted snow, after about 1 and a half km you will reach a valley that houses the Grotta di Serracozzo (1851 m), a lava flow tunnel generated during the 1971 eruption. Then, going uphill, you reach the panoramic point called Belvedere di Serracozzo 2100 meters from which it is possible to admire the Valle del Bove, the summit craters and the flows of the current eruptive activity in progress 🌋 . The descent will take place inside sandy channels up to the starting point.
- Volcanological guide licensed in accordance with the law
- Trekking poles
- Winter jacket
- Protective helmet ⛑
- Bottled water
- Headlamp or flashlight 🔦
- Trekking shoes
Good to know
- WINTER clothing ❄️ the excursion takes place at high altitude, so you have to cover yourself well.
- Recommended clothing: In layers, thermal shirt, fleece/down jacket, windbreaker (better if wearing a ski suit), gloves and hat.
- Compulsory equipment: trekking or après-ski shoes.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions, we will notify you to inform you of the cancellation or postponement of your excursion as soon as possible.
- Advance payment of the reservation is not foreseen (except for agencies, groups or private individuals), after having communicated the reservation to our number: +39 345 5741330 you will pay directly the guide who will be with you on the day of the excursion.
TO BOOK JUST FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW 👇🏻
WARNING: service ID(s) not found. Please check the shortcode syntax and ensure at least one of the specified services is active.
Meeting at the square of the Refuge – Citelli 1741 m at: 2.00 PM
Beginning of the trek on path n.723.
Visit to the Cave of Serracozzo 1840 mt.
Ascent towards the Belvedere di Serracozzo up to a maximum altitude of 2170 meters.
Break with eruption view 🌋
Trekking descent to the starting point.
Minimum altitude at the beginning of the trek: 1741 m – maximum altitude reached 2170 m (variable value).
Total difference in altitude uphill: 500 m (variable value) – Difference in altitude downhill: 430 m
Total duration : 4h
Total km: 6
RETURN TO THE PARKING SCHEDULED AT 19:00PM
Difficulty: E (Hikers)
For more details write us on whatsapp: +39 3455741330 or send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trekking is not recommended for those with little physical activity.
- However, the excursion does not require particular preparations on a physical level, attention is required as the soil is volcanic, often incoherent and unstable.
- The excursion may undergo variations at the discretion of the Guides or be interrupted should the environmental, atmospheric or volcanic conditions change, such as to compromise the safety of the entire group.
- The total duration of the trek will depend on the pace.
- You must always stay together with your guide
- The excursion will take place within the limits established by the ordinances in force.
- Not recommended for pregnant women over 3 months of pregnancy
- Also suitable for children over the age of 7.
- The route includes the climb and the passage along the crater rims, this could cause vertigo problems for sensitive subjects.
- This itinerary, in relation to the type and altitude, is suitable for people in good physical health, who do not suffer from particular pathologies (cardiovascular, respiratory or hypertension).
© Volcanological Guides Etna North
Facebook/Instagram: Etna North Volcanological Guides
Name/Corporate name: Cooperativa Volcanological Guides Etna Nord Soc.Coop.
PEC : email@example.com
Recipient Code : T04ZHR3 (the second character is a zero)
VAT/Tax Code: IT05583690879
Headquarters in: Via Viola 1 – Linguaglossa (CT) CAP: 95015
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : + 39 3455741330
© Etna Nord Volcanological Guides – Law 22 April 1941, n. 633
Protection of copyright and other rights related to its exercise.
Our group is made up of Guides belonging to the Regional College of Alpine and Volcanological Guides of Sicily, the Italian legislation provides that these professional figures are the only ones authorized to lead groups in active volcanoes and throughout the island (Framework Law of 2 January 1989 No. 6 and Regional Law of April 6, 1996).
We are 2 travellers will be there next 18th january we wanted to hike the Etna, we are both young healthy, is this the best tour you would advise? Is there availability? Grazie mille
Good evening, thank you for writing to us, these two excursions will be available for the date you requested: 1) https://guidevulcanologicheetna.it/en/excursion-to-3000-meters-on-etna-in-winter/
For the excursion in the article that you commented, we need to check the state of the paths in the next few days, if they are not covered by ice we will certainly organize this excursion, we will certainly publish our availability on the calendar, present in the article.