Who to contact to visit Etna to the top?
The work of the Volcanological Guides takes place above all above 2000 meters of altitude up to the summit of the volcano at an altitude of 3300 meters. As a category of professionals we take care of leading tourists in active volcanic areas and in the highest altitudes of the Etna volcano in this case.
Therefore, if you wish to reach the summit, you must contact our category of professionals, Mountain Guides or Volcanological Guides authorized by law.
Before booking the tour or excursion it is always necessary to ask questions to those who are offering it:
- What altitude do you get to and how ?.
- If what is proposed is really true.
- All this to avoid relying on or entrusting guests to unauthorized and unprofessional categories.
Who are our services for?
Our services are aimed at those who want and want close and direct contact with the volcano, who want to discover the geological dynamics of an active volcano like Etna.
The proposed excursions vary from:
1) Totally on foot planned by the guest or organized with our help.
2) Excursions at high altitudes above 2000 meters with the help of motor vehicles and then trekking in the summit areas of the volcano with round trip by means of transport, which with descent all on foot to the starting point of the excursion.
3) Visit to volcanic eruptions with approach to active lava flows (in case of ongoing eruptive activity).
PLEASE NOTE: THE VEHICLES OF TRANSPORT BY MOTOR to which we refer, are special vehicles authorized by the Etna Park and by the Municipalities that allow access above an altitude of 2000 meters and do not work below this altitude !.
HOW TO GET TO THE STARTING POINT OF OUR EXCURSIONS?
You can get there directly with your car (for rent), the roads are easily accessible or by public transport (FCE lines and timetables) or transfer service.
You will find your guide at the meeting point for your excursion.
The name of the guide and his references as well as the GPS point of the meeting with the same will be communicated the day before by our secretarial service directly to your mobile phone (usually on whatsapp) communicated by you at the time of booking.
Note: Having said that, given that as professionals we operate in the high altitudes of the volcano, the excursions near or above 3000 meters start in the morning from 7:30 am to 9:00 am and are as follows:
- Excursion to the Etna Craters in case of high risk.
- Excursions to the top with ascent by off-road vehicle (one way) + ascent to the crater and descent on foot to the starting point from the north.
- Excursion to the top with cable car (round trip) + off-road vehicle + trekking on foot to the top from the south.
- Crossing of Etna.
These excursions have a very variable duration according to the needs of the hiker, they usually last 5 hours or even 8 hours for the crossing of Etna from South to North and are clearly suitable for those who have the habit of going in mountain and who regularly perform motor activities.
Excursions up to a maximum altitude of 3000 meters have scheduled departures at 10:30 and 13:30. These have a maximum duration of 2-3 hours, in this case they are more tourist trips where both the ascent and the descent with motor vehicles are provided here is the link with the details:
- Excursion to an altitude of 3000 meters on the north side.
- Sunset excursion at an altitude of 3000 meters on the north side.
Attention, all excursions are carried out in compliance with the ordinances in force and with the levels of volcanic risk at the time of execution of the requested excursions.
- Hike (round trip) below 2200 meters: Excursion to the great craters of 2002.
How to book?
To book, you can reply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your data (name, surname, actual date of the excursion, number of participants and mobile phone number), by sending a message to our number on whatsapp: +39 345 5741330 active every day from 9:30AM to 19:00PM.
Good to know
- In the event of adverse weather conditions, we will notify you to notify you of the cancellation or postponement of your excursion, as soon as possible.
- There is no advance payment of the reservation (except for agencies, groups or private services), after having communicated the reservation to our number: +39 345 5741330 you will pay directly the guide who will be with you on the day of the excursion.
- In case of many requests, the participants will be divided into smaller groups with different guides, depending on the languages to avoid the formation of large groups of people.
© Volcanological Guides Etna Nord – Law 22 April 1941, n. 633
Protection of copyright and other rights related to its exercise.
Our group is made up of Guides belonging to the Regional College of Alpine and Volcanological Guides of Sicily, the Italian legislation provides that these professionals are the only ones authorized to lead groups in active volcanoes and throughout the island (Framework Law of 2 January 1989 No. 6 and Regional Law of April 6, 1996).