There are many fascinating things to visit on the volcano, we list the most popular ones:
Hiking to the top
- The summit craters of the volcano with trekking excursions 👉🏻 to find out more (summer excursions)👈🏻 and with mountaineering skis or crampons in winter.
Visit to the eruptions
- The eruptions of the Etna volcano, when the volcano is erupting, our group of volcanological guides organize excursions to visit the eruptions (if in progress), we invite you to visit our home page, where in the event of an eruption we will publish our excursions to visit the active lava flows (if there are no volcanic events in progress, no event will be visible on our home page) – To know the rules to follow for access to the top of the volcano and the volcano’s activity in progress right now, you can visit this 👉🏻 page.
Excursions for families
- Both low-altitude and high-altitude excursions with affordable costs also for families, for the simplest experiences 👉🏻 visit our website 👈🏻
Winter experiences ❄️
- Walks with the 👉🏻 Snowshoes during the winter period, visiting the shelters, the woods or the side craters of the volcano.
- Climb with ski mountaineering in winter.
- Alpine skiing or cross-country skiing in winter, in case of sufficient snow, at the Piano Provenzana ski resort at Etna Nord.
- Visit to the side craters of the volcano at lower and more accessible altitudes, there are more than 300 pyroclastic cones and eruptive fractures. Among the most popular routes we have those of the: Craters of 2002, the Sartorius Mountains or the Silvestri Craters.
Visit of the Caves
- The volcanic caves on the volcano there are more than 250 caves produced by processes closely linked to eruptions such as: the cave of Corruccio, dei ladroni, del coniglio or that of Serracozzo, they are among the most easily accessible👉🏻 to find out more 👈🏻.
Bike experiences 🚴♂️
- Experience in Mountain Bike or E-Bike along the high mountain or in the direction of the Volcanological Observatory starting from Piano Provenzana at an altitude of 1800 meters or from the Sapienza Refuge at an altitude of 1900 on the southern slope in the direction of the Belvedere della Valle del Bove. It is possible to rent bicycles at the Clan dei Ragazzi refuge on the northern side or at the tourist station of Etna Sud, available in the various operating activities on site.
The large volcanic depression called Valle del Bove
- The immense Valle del Bove, to be admired from: Schiena dell’asino, from Monte Fontane, from Cassone Monte Pomiciaro, from the Belvedere di Serracozzo or from Piano dell’acqua from Zafferana Etnea towards Val Calanna.
Visit the Volcano Woods
- The birch woods on the north-eastern slope.
- The larch pine forest (Pineta Ragabo) on the northern slope.
- Tours and routes with quads, available in the summer on both the north and south sides.
The great tour of the Etna volcano passing through the altomontana
- The Altomontana of Etna, it is a spectacular route that surrounds the volcano and which allows you to visit Etna starting from an altitude of 1400 meters on the northern slope, starting from the Ragabo refuge and arriving at Piano Vetore on the southern slope at the Astrophysical Observatory at an altitude of 1730 meters. This route allows you to visit and admire the spectacular variety of landscapes that characterize the volcano from north to south, along the route there are 9 bivouacs open to the public, lava caves, woods, eruptive fractures, recent and ancient flows such as those of the Dammusi (lava flows in the shape of: slabs, mamellar or roped). We suggest doing this route over several days as it is 36km long from north to south, sleeping at least one night along the way, so as to be able to enjoy the fantastic Etna environment in peace and without stress.
The largest pine of Etna
- Trekking that starts from the road that leads to the largest pine of Etna, the age is around 300 years old, called Zappinazzu, near the Mareneve road in the direction of Piano Provenzana (Etna North). Continuing on foot along the same road, you can also reach the Monte Crisimo refuge which is about 3 km away. We suggest leaving your car in the area called Donnavita, an area equipped with a barbecue for picnics.
The Alcantara River
- The Gole dell’Alcantara, a deep gorge of fluvial origin dug between the columnar lava produced by the Etna volcano.
Vineyards and cellars
- The vineyards and numerous cellars distributed along the slopes of the volcano, such us : Gambino vini, Barone di Villagrande, Torre Mora, Firriato, Cantine Patria, Vivera, Cotta Nera, etc.
For more details write us on whatsapp: +39 3455741330 or send us an email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
© Volcanological Guides Etna North
Facebook/Instagram: Guide Vulcanologiche Etna Nord
Denomination/Corporate name: Volcanological Guide Cooperative Etna Nord Soc.Coop.
Recipient Code : T04ZHR3 (the second character is a zero)
VAT/Tax Code: IT05583690879
Headquarters in: Via Viola 1 – Linguaglossa (CT) CAP: 95015
Tel : + 39 3455741330
© Etna Nord Volcanological Guides – Law 22 April 1941, n. 633
Protection of copyright and other rights related to its exercise.
Our group is made up of Guides belonging to the Regional College of Alpine and Volcanological Guides of Sicily, the Italian legislation provides that these professional figures are the only ones authorized to lead groups in active volcanoes and throughout the island (Framework Law of 2 January 1989 No. 6 and Regional Law of April 6, 1996).